Louisville Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Sarah go here!!!!
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 12:19 am by Shizen Ikari

» Basic Rules Link
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 7:14 pm by Rowan Whispercloak

» Aseir (WIP)
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 2:41 pm by ArcticFlame7

» Starting Feats
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 5:41 am by ArcticFlame7

» Spell card maker/printer
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 3:24 am by Shizen Ikari

» Bladesinger Request
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:16 am by ArcticFlame7

» Part 1 - Attack on Greenest ((WIP))
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 1:12 pm by ArcticFlame7

» Folen Bladesinger WIP
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:34 am by Shizen Ikari

» Updates Thread
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 11:00 pm by Shizen Ikari

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1)

2 posters

Go down

Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) Empty Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1)

Post by ArcticFlame7 Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:46 am

She remembered the greyskin. She could vividly recall the sneer on its hideous lips as it brought the pick down; the bite as it pierced her armor, skin, flesh, and bones; the slow fade to black...
And then nothing. Nothing at all. At least, until there was a yanking, a pulling. She felt the weave of magic and then suddenly there was pain. Awareness did not come back gently. Instead it washed over her in waves of agony.
She bolted upright, panicking. Where was she? How did she get here? And where was that damned, cursed sad excuse for a dwarf?!
She tried to shout out in question, but found her throat didn't work quite right. There were hands on her then. "Easy..."
Confused and afraid, she looked around the room, looking for something, anything familiar. Her eyes came to rest on a familiar, pointy-eared face.

Hilde: ...Shizen?...What...what happend?
ArcticFlame7
ArcticFlame7

Character sheet
Name: Hilde Ironhammer
Class and Level: Eldritch Knight, 5
Experience:
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) Left_bar_bleue5600/14000Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) Empty_bar_bleue  (5600/14000)

Back to top Go down

Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) Empty Re: Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1)

Post by Shizen Ikari Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:31 am

The man is in a trance, cross leged upon a pillow a small distance away, regretably he was tasked with this, the dwarf should of remained dead, this is against his ways. Hearing her speak, emerald eyes rest upon her. A man whom was helping work on her acts as the translator.

"You were struck down by the dark ones, the others insisted I bring you here for ressurection." His tone, even in elven sounds very cold, his words stating it was not his idea to bring her back. He remains in place, awaiting other questions.
Shizen Ikari
Shizen Ikari
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Shizen Ikari
Class and Level: Druid Lvl 4
Experience:
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) Left_bar_bleue3124/6500Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) Empty_bar_bleue  (3124/6500)

https://louisvillegamers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFlame7 Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:30 am

"Struck down...Resurrection?" She rubbed her temples, waiting for the world to stop spinning and the light to stop burning. "Ach, my head...Wait a moment. The others? Are they alright?"
ArcticFlame7
ArcticFlame7

Character sheet
Experience:
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) Left_bar_bleue5600/14000Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) Empty_bar_bleue  (5600/14000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shizen Ikari Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:45 am

The man instructs her to lay back down, it will be roughly four days before she is travel ready, her spirit is still weak. He then proceeds to translate Shizen's following words.

"The others are fine, they are back at the farm awaiting the Red Ploom. The dark one took your life, and the temple gave it back to you." Shizen states, wasting no time with the details. It is clear he is impatient and wanting to be on the move, something is clearly bothering him as his right index finger taps upon the wooden floor. He awaits further questions if any, or for the dwarf to fall asleep, which is prefered.
Shizen Ikari
Shizen Ikari
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:
Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) Left_bar_bleue3124/6500Meanwhile in Elevenmeet...(part1) Empty_bar_bleue  (3124/6500)

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFlame7 Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:49 am

She grumbles as she lets the cleric force her down. Before she puts her head down to sleep, she looks Shizen in the eye. "...Listen. Ah don't pretend to know much, but I do know that yer not happy 'bout this. For what it's worth, thank ye for puttin that aside. ...We'll talk more later, aye?"
ArcticFlame7
ArcticFlame7

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shizen Ikari Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:01 am

The mans eyes close, and the tapping stops. A relaxing breathing heralds his following words. "Be sure to rest up, we will be leaving as soon as you're able." The man responds, his tone reflecting a more somber feel in contrast to the cold lifeless words spoken before. His form raises as he departs from the chamber, at this time to do the shopping that was needed, and also to pray at Melora's temple for bringing back the dead, and for not killing the drow which conflicted with both of his deities.
Shizen Ikari
Shizen Ikari
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFlame7 Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:29 am

((There's not much that can be done in 4 days of forced rest. If you want to cover anything that happens while he's out shopping feel free. When you're ready we can skip to the ride back to the farm))
ArcticFlame7
ArcticFlame7

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shizen Ikari Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:54 am

We can go ahead and skip, I'll need Matt for my downtime in the area to say what is going on in the guilds and such. I'll do that in a flashback thread however.

We can pick it up with the cleric coming to get Shizen, and letting him know you should be travel ready. Shizen would come to find you at the temple, asking if you are ready to depart.
Shizen Ikari
Shizen Ikari
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFlame7 Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:36 pm

Four days of bedrest felt like four too many. She hated being idle. True, she had just returned from the dead. And yes, she had been feeling quite ill the whole time. But what kind of dwarf would she be if she let a little discomfort get in her way?

The temple's clerics had been very forceful and vigilant, however - whenever she tried to get out of bed, within moments one would appear to force her back into it. Every reason for being up was met with swift action to remove it. "I'm hungry" would prompt the bringing of a bowl of soup and bread. "I need to relieve myself" summoned a female cleric with a bedpan. Even the local guildmaster of Hammers and Anvils ((name WIP - just needed a placeholder name for the guild she's a part of)) stopped by to let her know that her equipment was repaired and in great condition when she'd presented that as a reason to get up.

On the fifth day, however, there had been no cleric to make her stay in bed. She'd wandered the temple for a bit before she finally found one, a fellow shield dwarf. "Good ta see ya up, lass!" he said in dwarven.

She sighed. "Well if yer comrades had let me, I'd 'ave been up days ago..."

"Dunnae hold it against them. Ya were in bad shape when that elf brought ya - been dead a couple'a days. We dunnae have a choice but ta be cautious in those circumstances. Here, walk with me. I'll take ya to yer belongings."

"Thank ye." She fell into step beside him. "I still cannae hardly believe a Druid brought me here."

"Aye, us either. Ya would 'ave gotten a kick out of our head cleric's face when he walked in. Was even more surprised he waited around fer the whole hour it took ta cast the spell! I think the head cleric sent someone to fetch him a while ago, by the way. He'll probably be here by the time ye get yer kit back on."

"I certainly hope so. It's not that I dunnae appreciate bein' brought back, or bein' taken care of while I recovered. I just cannae stand lazin' about, especially not with red-furred two-headed goats bein' born and duergar attackin' beet farms in broad daylight." She sighed. "I am beginnin' ta think the guild got me inta a real mess this time."

They arrived at a storeroom. The cleric turned to face her and clapped her on the shoulder. "Be strong, lass. Not everyone gets a second chance. Use it ta do some good, aye?"

She nodded. "Aye. May the All-Father and Revered Mother keep you."

"And may the Watchful Eye guide you on your travels."

With that, the other dwarf left her. She wasted no time in getting her clothes changed and chainmail back on. The guildmaster had spoken the truth - her mail, hammer, axes, and shield were in better condition than she'd been able to keep them in on the road. Her belt pouch was empty, but that was no surprise. Resurrection wasn't cheap. Although that did raise a question in her mind. 'How the blazes did they get enough coin to afford the spell?' She would have to ask Shizen.

It wasn't long before she was ready to go. She slung her adventuring pack over her shoulder and made her way to the temple entrance. The timing was impeccable; just as she entered the entryway, Shizen opened the outer door, accompanied by the elven cleric who had been present when she was revived. She raised her hand in greeting. "Sorry that took so long - they wouldnae let me out of bed any sooner."

Last edited by ArcticFlame7 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : continuation)
ArcticFlame7
ArcticFlame7

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shizen Ikari Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:48 am

Shizen arrives at the temple, he views the dwarfs standing form looking travel ready. "If you're ready to go, then come with me. We have a two days ride to get to the others." Saying nothing more unless prompted, Shizen begins to walk to a stable near the edge of town where his horse is left, saddles upon the side filled with their stuff. Should she follow him he, she sees him get upon the only horse they have, motoning for her to get on behind him. The elf not looking exactly happy to ridee double horseback, but his form thankfully doesen't take up much room at all making it possible.
Shizen Ikari
Shizen Ikari
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFlame7 Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:35 am

She followed him immediately. His pace was brisk - understandably so - and she had to nearly jog to keep up. This didn't leave much time to ask questions, but she figured a two-day ride would be plenty of time. She wasn't looking forward to the prospect of riding, but she wasn't going to let that show easily. Never ridden a horse? No problem, she'd never died either and she seemed to be handling that fairly well. After death, what was a horse?

She groaned when she saw there was but one of the beasts. Three possibilities, none of them pleasant.
Firstly, the elf could take the horse and have her run beside it. He would eventually lose her and she'd be alone. This did not seem in Shizen's character, but then, she'd only known him for a few weeks and they'd rarely spoken. More than likely, if he took the horse he would ride slow enough to have her within sight. That would still slow their return to the beet farm.
Secondly, he could make her ride and he could run alongside. While faster than she would be on foot, she would feel incredibly guilty if she did not - or could not - force the horse to slow. After all, she had no experience in riding. For all she knew, the beast could take off with her upon it and then she'd be lost in the wilderness somewhere, praying Shizen would eventually find her.

But when she saw him mount and then motion to her, she knew it was the third possibility. Double horseback. Her first time riding a horse, and she'd be clinging to a near-stranger who she was fairly sure disliked her. She bit back a sigh and did as she was asked. The moment she was settled, the horse took off.

She was terrified, and it was all she could do to keep herself centered and steady. She must not panic. She must not show weakness. After she was sure she wasn't going to vomit, she took a moment to examine their saddlebags. Just by feel she knew which things were hers and had a guess which ones were Shizen's, but what was all the rest of it? Had the elf been shopping?

That brought up an earlier thought. She knew the elf's Common was...spotty at best, and he couldn't mime while holding the reins. But she still decided to give talking a try. "Thank ye again fer savin' me. I know it couldnae 'ave been easy fer ya. But I'm curious, Shizen...Bringin' back the dead isnae exactly cheap. And I cannae help but notice our bags are nearly overflowin' with new things. Where did we come inta such coin?"
ArcticFlame7
ArcticFlame7

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shizen Ikari Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:19 am

[Sorry it took me a bit, work was a bitch. As far as your money your character had, you still have it. I've only subtracted out of the party fund we got from the Drow and we still came up positive.]

The horse takes off after a few words from the Druid, or atleast they can presume to be words, mostly a few clicks and mumbles, clearly not english or elven for that fact. The horse reaches its maximum speed within moments, magic can be felt from the close contact as Longstrider is activated, the horses speed increased further. He does not have time to waste. His hair whips back, only back ducking would the girl not be covered in it.

He hears her words through heavy brisk winds, responding the best he can. "Fallen one gave money for life to make good" The fallen one refering to the drow,and the remainder saying that he gave it to make up for what happened. Ofcoarse, it is upto her own translation of his broken common, amongst the heavy winds that are filling their ears. The trees alongside them look like blurs due to the horses increased speed, this use of magic will surely shave atleast half a day off their travels.
Shizen Ikari
Shizen Ikari
Admin

Character sheet
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down