Louisville Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Sarah go here!!!!
Bladesinger Request EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 12:19 am by Shizen Ikari

» Basic Rules Link
Bladesinger Request EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 7:14 pm by Rowan Whispercloak

» Aseir (WIP)
Bladesinger Request EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 2:41 pm by ArcticFlame7

» Starting Feats
Bladesinger Request EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 5:41 am by ArcticFlame7

» Spell card maker/printer
Bladesinger Request EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 3:24 am by Shizen Ikari

» Bladesinger Request
Bladesinger Request EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:16 am by ArcticFlame7

» Part 1 - Attack on Greenest ((WIP))
Bladesinger Request EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 1:12 pm by ArcticFlame7

» Folen Bladesinger WIP
Bladesinger Request EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:34 am by Shizen Ikari

» Updates Thread
Bladesinger Request EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 11:00 pm by Shizen Ikari

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Bladesinger Request

2 posters

Go down

Bladesinger Request Empty Bladesinger Request

Post by Shizen Ikari Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:02 am

I've searched high and low for a pdf, or a scan of any sort and I can't find any, anywhere to help build by new character. Could I get a brief thing typed up from the book detailing the abilities of the sub class, advancement, and such forth pretty please?
Shizen Ikari
Shizen Ikari
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Shizen Ikari
Class and Level: Druid Lvl 4
Experience:
Bladesinger Request Left_bar_bleue3124/6500Bladesinger Request Empty_bar_bleue  (3124/6500)

https://louisvillegamers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bladesinger Request Empty Re: Bladesinger Request

Post by ArcticFlame7 Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:08 am

What follows is a mix of copy-pasta and some commentary/notes by me. I assume you have access to the things about the base class; remember that bladesingers are wizards first, bladesingers second.

Note that besides the standard array of stats (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8, plus racial bonuses) we are also using the standard equipment based on class and background, with the caveat that we can spend whatever gold the background gives on things. For example I used the 10gp granted by my background to buy a shield, and Bran wove the fact I was penniless into my character's intro.

Blurb text: “Bladesingers are elves who bravely defend their people and lands. They are elf wizards who master a school of sword fighting grounded in a tradition of arcane magic. In combat, a bladesinger uses a series of intricate, elegant maneuvers that fend off harm and allow the bladesinger to channel magic into devastating attacks and a cunning defense.”

Fluff first. There's no rule saying you HAVE to follow the styles listed here but it helps root your character in the Realms if you do. Further it gives you ideas about which weapon to pick up aside from your racial ones of shortsword and longsword and clues about spell selection.

BLADESINGER STYLES
From its inception as a martial and magical art, Bladesinging has been tied to the sword, more specifically the longsword. Yet many generations of study gave rise to various styles of Bladesinging based on the melee weapon employed. The techniques of these styles are passed from master to students in small schools, some of which have a building dedicated to instruction. Even the newest styles are hundreds of years old, but are still taught by their original creators due to the long lives of elves. Most schools of Bladesinging are in Evermeet or Evereska. One was started in Myth Drannor, but the city's destruction has scattered those students who survived.

Styles of Bladesinging are broadly categorized based on the type of weapon employed, and each is associated with a category of animal. Within that style are specializations named after specific animal types, based on the types of spells employed, the techniques of the master, and the particular weapon used. Bladesingers who apprentice to a master typically get a tattoo of their chosen style's animal. Some bladesingers learn multiple styles and bear many tattoos, wearing a warning on their skin of their deadly skills.

Cat. Styles that employ a sword belong to this family. The lion style, the eldest, trains practitioners in the use of the longsword and doesn't favor any particular type of spells. Leopard style focuses on the shortsword and spells of illusion and stealth. Red tiger, a style just three centuries old, has its bladesingers using the scimitar in a whirling dance of defense from which they launch into sudden leaps and attacks.

Bird. Styles that focus on the use of a hafted weapon, such as an axe or hammer, have been grouped together as bird styles, yet they vary wildly. All relatively new styles, they use weapons not typically favored by elves. Eagle-style bladesingers use small handaxes, and many maneuvers in the style focus on fluid ways to throw the weapon and draw a new one. Raven style uses a pick, and spells associated with it grant the bladesinger more agility in combat.

Snake. Practitioners of these styles use a flail, chain, or whip. Viper style uses a whip, despite its inelegance as a weapon, and has almost as long a history as the lion style. Its masters punctuate their bladesong with a stunningly rapid rhythm of whip cracks, which can keep many foes at bay and allow the bladesinger space to cast the cruel spells of poison and disease favored by the style.

Now on to the crunch.

RESTRICTION: ELVES ONLY
Only elves and half-elves can choose the bladesinger arcane tradition. In the world of Faerun, elves closely guard the secrets of bladesinging.

TRAINING IN WAR AND SONG
When you adopt this tradition at 2nd level, you gain proficiency with light armor, and you gain proficiency with one type of one-handed melee weapon of your choice. You also gain proficiency in the Performance skill if you don't already have it.

BLADESONG
Starting at 2nd level, you can invoke a secret elven magic called the Bladesong, provided that you aren't wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield. It graces you with supernatural speed, agility, and focus. You can use a bonus action to start the Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time you choose (no action required). While your Bladesong is active, you gain the following benefits:
>You gain a bonus to your AC equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of+ 1).
>Your walking speed increases by 10 feet.
>You have advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks .
>You gain a bonus to any Constitution saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell. The bonus equals your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +l).
You can use this feature twice. You regain all expended uses of it when you finish a short or long rest.

EXTRA ATTACK
Starting at 6th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

SONG OF DEFENSE
Beginning at 10th level, you can direct your magic to absorb damage while your Bladesong is active. When you take damage, you can use your reaction to expend one spell slot and reduce that damage to you by an amount equal to five times the spell slot's level.

SONG OF VICTORY
Starting at 14th level, you add your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1) to the damage of your melee weapon attacks while your Bladesong is active.

Not techinically part of Bladesinger, but you might find these handy to keep in mind.
CANTRIPS FOR SORCERERS, WARLOCKS, AND WIZARDS
Practitioners of the Art have developed the following cantrips for those who favor casting spells in melee. War Wizards of Cormyr, bladesingers, and warlocks of the Pact of the Blade are especially fond of these spells. These cantrips are on the sorcerer, warlock, and wizard spell lists.

BOOMING BLADE
Evocation cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 5 feet
Components: V, M (a weapon)
Duration: 1 round
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends. This spell's damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level and 17th level.

GREEN-FLAME BLADE
Evocation cantrip
Components: V, M (a weapon)
Duration: Instantaneous
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and green fire leaps from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The second creature takes fire damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell's damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 fire damage to the target, and the fire damage to the second creature increases to 1d8 +your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level and 17th level.

LIGHTNING LURE
Evocation cantrip
Range: 15 feet
Components: V
You create a lash of lightning energy that strikes at one creature of your choice that you can see within range. The target must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be pulled up to 10 feet in a straight line toward you and then take 1d8 lightning damage if it is within 5 feet of you. This spell's damage increases by 1d8 when you reach 5th level (2d8), 11th level (3d8), and 17th level (4d8).

SWORD BURST
Conjuration cantrip
Components: V
You create a momentary circle of spectral blades that sweep around you. Each creature within range, other than you, must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or take 1d6 force damage. This spell's damage increases by 1d6 when you reach 5th level (2d6), 11th level (3d6), and 17th level (4d6).

Something else you may find useful: A background. As mentioned in the fluff section, most bladesinging schools are in Evermeet and Evereska. Considering where Tyranny of Dragons takes place, that makes your character qualify for this background.

FAR TRAVELER
Almost all of the common people and other folk that one might encounter along the Sword Coast or in the North have one thing in common: they live out their lives without ever traveling more than a few miles from where they were born.

You aren't one of those folk.

You are from a distant place, one so remote that few of the common folk in the North realize that it exists, and chances are good that even if some people you meet have heard of your homeland, they know merely the name and perhaps a few outrageous stories. You have come to this part of Faerun for your own reasons, which you might or might not choose to share. Although you will undoubtedly find some of this land's ways to be strange and discomfiting, you can also be sure that some things its people take for granted will be to you new wonders that you've never laid eyes on before.

By the same token, you're a person of interest, for good or ill, to those around you almost anywhere you go.

Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Perception
Tool Proficiencies: Any one musical instrument or gaming set of your choice, likely something native to your homeland
Languages: Any one of your choice
Equipment: One set of traveler's clothes, any one musical instrument or gaming set you are proficient with, poorly wrought maps from your homeland that depict where you are in Faerun, a small piece of jewelry worth 10 gp in the style of your homeland's craftsmanship, and a pouch containing 5 gp.

WHY ARE You HERE?
A far traveler might have set out on a journey for one of a number of reasons, and the departure from his or her homeland could have been voluntary or involuntary. To determine why you are so far from home, roll on the table below or choose from the options provided. The following section, discussing possible homelands, includes some suggested reasons that are appropriate for each location.
WHY ARE You HERE?
d6 Reason d6 Reason
1Emissary 4 Pilgrim
2 Exile       5 Sightseer
3 Fugitive   6 Wanderer

WHERE ARE You FROM? (I am including only Evermeet here)
The most important decision in creating a far traveler background is determining your homeland. The places discussed here are all sufficiently distant from the North and the Sword Coast to justify the use of this background.

Evermeet. The fabled elven lands far to the west are home to elves who have never been to Faerun. They often find it a harsher place than they expected when they do make the trip. If you are an elf, Evermeet is a logical (though not mandatory) choice for your homeland. Most of those who emigrate from Evermeet are either exiles, forced out for committing some infraction of elven law, or emissaries who come to Faerun for a purpose that benefits elven culture or society.

FEATURE: ALL EYES ON You
Your accent, mannerisms, figures of speech, and perhaps even your appearance all mark you as foreign. Curious glances are directed your way wherever you go, which can be a nuisance, but you also gain the friendly interest of scholars and others intrigued by far-off lands, to say nothing of everyday folk who are eager to hear stories of your homeland. You can parley this attention into access to people and places you might not otherwise have, for you and your traveling companions. Noble lords, scholars, and merchant princes, to name a few, might be interested in hearing about your distant homeland and people.

Now on to the various personality ideas given by the background. As per usual, feel free to use whatever already exists or make up your own, but if you do make things up, be sure to talk with Bran about it.

PERSONALITY TRAITS
d6 Personality Trait
I have different assumptions from those around me concerning personal space, blithely invading others' space in innocence, or reacting to ignorant
invasion of my own.
2 I have my own ideas about what is and is not food, and I find the eating habits of those around me fascinating, confusing, or revolting.
3 I have a strong code of honor or sense of propriety that others don't comprehend.
4 I express affection or contempt in ways that are unfamiliar to others.
5 I honor my deities through practices that are foreign to this land .
6 I begin or end my day with small traditional rituals that are unfamiliar to those around me.

IDEALS
d6 Ideal
1 Open. I have much to learn from the kindly folk I meet along my way. (Good)
2 Reserved. As someone new to these strange lands, I am cautious and respectful in my dealings. (Lawful)
3 Adventure. I'm far from home, and everything is strange and wonderful! (Chaotic)
4 Cunning. Though I may not know their ways, neither do they know mine, which can be to my advantage. (Evil)
5 Inquisitive. Everything is new, but I have a thirst to learn. (Neutral)
6 Suspicious. I must be careful, for I have no way of telling friend from foe here. (Any)

BONDS
d6 Bond
1 So long as I have this token from my homeland, I can face any adversity in this strange land.
2 The gods of my people are a comfort to me so far from home.
3 I hold no greater cause than my service to my people.
4 My freedom is my most precious possession. I' ll never let anyone take it from me again.
5 I'm fascinated by the beauty and wonder of this new land.
6 Though I had no choice, I lament having to leave my loved one(s) behind. I hope to see them again one day.

FLAWS
d6 Flaw
1 I am secretly (or not so secretly) convinced of the superiority of my own culture over that of this foreign land.
2 I pretend not to understand the local language in order to avoid interactions I would rather not have.
3 I have a weakness for the new intoxicants and other pleasures of this land.
4 I don't take kindly to some of the actions and motivations of the people of this land, because these folk are different from me.
5 I consider the adherents of other gods to be deluded innocents at best, or ignorant foo ls at worst.
6 I have a weakness for the exotic beauty of the people of these lands.

Last edited by ArcticFlame7 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing typos)
ArcticFlame7
ArcticFlame7

Character sheet
Name: Hilde Ironhammer
Class and Level: Eldritch Knight, 5
Experience:
Bladesinger Request Left_bar_bleue5600/14000Bladesinger Request Empty_bar_bleue  (5600/14000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shizen Ikari Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Thank ya very much, I should have everything I need with this! Very Happy

Would Brandon have a problem with me using a different array? Same number of points, but makes it so I don't have negatives on the 8 and rounds me out.

Shizen Ikari
Shizen Ikari
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Shizen Ikari
Class and Level: Druid Lvl 4
Experience:
Bladesinger Request Left_bar_bleue3124/6500Bladesinger Request Empty_bar_bleue  (3124/6500)

https://louisvillegamers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ArcticFlame7 Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:16 am

What exactly is wrong with negatives? They give you something to build character with. Plus it wouldn't be fair to everyone else if he let you use a different set of stats. Standard puts everyone on equal footing and makes it so the DM knows exactly which numbers you have to work with. And with something stat-hungry like the Bladesinger, the Standard Array shows what you the player are capable of doing with 'unoptimized' numbers.

Last edited by ArcticFlame7 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing typos)
ArcticFlame7
ArcticFlame7

Character sheet
Name: Hilde Ironhammer
Class and Level: Eldritch Knight, 5
Experience:
Bladesinger Request Left_bar_bleue5600/14000Bladesinger Request Empty_bar_bleue  (5600/14000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down