Louisville Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Sarah go here!!!!
Aseir  (WIP) EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 12:19 am by Shizen Ikari

» Basic Rules Link
Aseir  (WIP) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 7:14 pm by Rowan Whispercloak

» Aseir (WIP)
Aseir  (WIP) EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 2:41 pm by ArcticFlame7

» Starting Feats
Aseir  (WIP) EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 5:41 am by ArcticFlame7

» Spell card maker/printer
Aseir  (WIP) EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 3:24 am by Shizen Ikari

» Bladesinger Request
Aseir  (WIP) EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 11:16 am by ArcticFlame7

» Part 1 - Attack on Greenest ((WIP))
Aseir  (WIP) EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 1:12 pm by ArcticFlame7

» Folen Bladesinger WIP
Aseir  (WIP) EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:34 am by Shizen Ikari

» Updates Thread
Aseir  (WIP) EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 11:00 pm by Shizen Ikari

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Aseir (WIP)

Go down

Aseir  (WIP) Empty Aseir (WIP)

Post by ArcticFlame7 Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Aseir

General Information

Class: Ranger
   Level: 1
   Background: Outlander
   Players Name: Christina
   Faction:
   Race: Human [Variant]; Ethnicity: Calishite
   Alignment: Neutral
   Experience: ---
   DCI:

Stats

Strength: 14 (+2 mod)
   Dexterity: 16 (+3 mod)
   Constitution: 14 (+2 mod)
   Intelligence: 8 (-1 mod)
   Wisdom: 12 (+1 mod)
   Charisma: 10

AC: 17; 19 with shield
   Initiative: +3
   Speed: 30
   Health: 12
   Hit Die: d10

Skills

Inspiration:
   Proficiency Bonus: +2

Acrobatics (Dex): * +5
   Animal Handling (Wis): +1
   Arcana (Int): -1
   Athletics (Str): * +4
   Deception (Cha): +0
   History (Int): -1
   Insight (Wis): +1
   Intimidation (Cha): +0
   Investigation (Int): -1
   Medicine (Wis): +1
   Nature (Int): * +1
   Perception (Wis): * +3
   Performance (Cha): +0
   Persuasion (Cha): +0
   Religion (Int): -1
   Sleight of Hand (Dex): +3
   Stealth (Dex): * +5
   Survival (Wis): * +3

Passive Perception: 13

Features, Proficiency and Traits

Languages: Common (With snippets of Alzhedo mixed in - a child's grasp of the language, unpracticed); Primordial (Terran dialect); Orc
   Traits: >Wanderer [You have an excellent memory for maps and geography and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.]
>Medium Armor Master [You have practiced moving in medium armor to gain the following benefits: • Wearing medium armor doesn’t impose disadvantage on your Dexterity (Stealth) checks. • When you wear medium armor, you can add 3, rather than 2, to your AC if you have a Dexterity of 16 or higher.]
   Proficiency: Light and medium armor; shields; simple and martial weapons; horn.
   Features: >Favored Enemy (beasts). [Beginning at 1st level, you have significant experience studying, tracking, hunting, and even talking to a certain type of enemy. You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them. When you gain this feature, you also learn one language of your choice that is spoken by your favored enemies, if they speak one at all. You choose one additional favored enemy, as well as an associated language, at 6th and 14th level.]
>Natural Explorer (desert). [You are particularly familiar with one type of natural environment and are adept at traveling and surviving in such regions. When you make an Intelligence or Wisdom check related to your favored terrain, your proficiency bonus is doubled if you are using a skill that you’re proficient in. While traveling for an hour or more in your favored terrain, you gain the following benefits:  • Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s travel. • Your group can’t become lost except by magical means. • Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger. • If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace. • When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would. • While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area. You choose additional favored terrain types at 6th and 10th level.]

Spell List

Cantrips Lvl 0:

Spells Lvl 1:

Spells Lvl 2:

Spells Lvl 3:

Spells Lvl 4:

Spells Lvl 5:

Spells Lvl 6:

Spells Lvl 7:

Spells Lvl 8:

Spells Lvl 9:

Equipment

CP:
   SP:
   EP:
   GP:
   PP:

Weapons: >Handaxe (worn on belt) - 1d6 slashing. Thrown [20/60] +4 AB
>Spear (strapped to backpack) - 1d6/1d8 piercing. Thrown [20/60] +4 AB
>Longbow (over shoulder) - 1d8 piercing. Ranged [150/600] +5 AB
>Quarterstaff (used as a walking stick/six-foot pole) - 1d6/1d8 bludgeoning. +4 AB
   Armor: Scale Mail; sometimes a shield (worn on back)
   Other: A set of traveler's clothes, a dragon's bony talon hanging from a plain leather necklace, quiver with 18 arrows (worn on lower back a la 'Monster Hunter' and 'Dark Souls'), a bear pelt used as a blanket, a backpack (containing 10 days of rations and 10 torches with a bedroll, a hunting trap, a mess kit, and 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to it), a belt pouch (containing coins if there are any and a tinderbox), a full waterskin (worn on belt)
>Encumbrance: 145.2 / 215

Biography

Personality Traits: -I can stare down a hell hound without flinching. [“I have no fear, for fear is the little death that kills me over and over. Without fear, I die but once.”]

-I’m always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them. ['I wonder what this does. Does it have any practical use? I wonder if I could perhaps use it to...Oh.' “I...believe I broke it...”]

Ideals: -'Ideals' aren't worth killing for.

-Meddling in the affairs of others only causes trouble.

Bonds: -Someone I loved died because of a mistake I made; That will never happen again. [“The simplest way to live is unattached and alone. That, however, is not always possible or practical. In the times when it isn't, trust them or not, I take it upon myself to see none are harmed. In the wild, they are in my care; their lives rest in my hands. Never again will such a life be extinguished by my own incompetence.”]

Flaws: -I am too enamored of ale, wine, and other intoxicants. [“This is perhaps the one thing 'civilization' has going for it. What business is it of yours how I spend my coin and what I do to my senses, so long as I leave you be?”]

-I am slow to trust most people; I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them. [“Beasts cannot lie. They will always act as their nature demands. People, however...”]

Appearance:

Allies & Organizations:

Treasure:

Backstory: I have snippets of memory from a time before the wilds...the texture of richly colored cloth, the smell of strong incense, a delicate string of music. But those are as smoke, something intangible and easily lost in a breeze. My earliest solid memories are of Keth.
Keth had made the wild his home, as he explained he could have no other. His mother, he told me, had been a half-orc, and his father a creature of earth and stone. I believed him, because his skin was the color and texture of sandstone and his build wasn't unlike the orcs we occasionally encountered. I remember asking him many times about my time before the wild, to see if he knew, but he would shake his head. “Think not on it, little hunter,” he would say, “Distractions could be our death. Root yourself in the present.”
He was ever patient with me, even though I was slow and clumsy early on. Over the seasons, however, I learned how to survive and even thrive in the harsh terrain we lived in. We were ever on the move, lest we take too much from one place and leave ourselves or the other creatures around us nothing. We used every bit of any kill, wasting nothing, not even of the plants whose lives we had to end.
Sometimes others would find and approach us, asking for us to guide them through dangerous areas. We would take various supplies, armor, and weaponry as trade for this service, although some only had coins to offer. Thus Keth had to teach me the values of these bits of metal and how I could use them to trade for supplies from most “civilized” peoples and places. It is from these traders and travelers that I picked up your 'Common' and from some of the more...hospitable local orcs that I gleaned 'Orc'. Keth had also taught me his father's tongue, which he called 'Terran', as a way to pass the time when neither of us could sleep.
As I grew older I grew more confident in my abilities as both a marksman and a trapper, sometimes to the point of arrogance. I can in hindsight vividly recall many near-death encounters caused by this recklessness and hubris. Keth told me I would outgrow this phase and begin acting sensibly again within a few cycles, if he could keep me from causing my own demise.
But I was a fool convinced of my invincibility and mastery over the land around us. A large monster, a winged lizard with scales of iridescent azure and a prominent horn on its head, arrived near us. It sowed devastation wherever it alighted with its breath of lightning. It seemed to care little for life, not always eating its kills and refusing to let other creatures eat the carrion. At times I observed it breathing its lightning breath at nothing but the sand beneath it, turning it into crystal for what seemed to be no reason. Once I saw it bury itself beneath the sands for hours only to emerge later looking disappointed. I thought such a monster stupid, and therefor easy prey. I was wrong. I was terribly, horribly wrong. Keth tried to warn me...but I refused to listen.
Against Keth's advice I went to kill the creature and return relative peace to the area. I at last understood why it hid beneath the sand...it collapsed a sinkhole beneath me. First was a fall, and then the sand cascaded over me and I was suffocating. Keth...Keth is how I lived. He had followed me, determined to save me from myself. He became as the sand itself and pulled me from my tomb. He defended me from the creature as it rose out of the sand, took lightning breath to his legs and back for his trouble. Despite his agony he carried me back to our camp. Why the hateful thing did not follow us, I will never know.
He never truly recovered from the lightning. The burns healed, but the affected leg never worked properly without causing great pain. The electricity did something to the muscles in his back; he had difficulty lifting, and at times the muscles would loosen and tighten uncontrollably. He was miserable and I knew it, but he never said a word about it. The only thing he would say about the entire incident was, “May this cause you to come to your senses early.”
A few seasons, or perhaps cycles, later a terrible storm began to brew near where the creature lurked, never-ending thunder and lightning that kicked up dust for miles. We tried to move out of its way, but it was expanding too quickly for Keth to keep up. I wouldn't leave him, not after what he had done. He knew that. He also knew that if I did not leave him we would both be killed. First he stopped drinking water. Then he stopped eating. I still refused to abandon him, and one day I awoke to find him gone. Or rather, I found a pile of sand and small stones where he should have been, leaving his clothing and weapons behind. The stones were arranged on the sand pile to spell a single Terran word: 'Survive.'
I took up his scale mail and the necklace he always wore and continue to this day to fulfill his dying wish. For many cycles I have guided others around the ever-growing storm. I think nothing of vengeance, for whom should I visit it upon if not myself? In time I began to press into the other environs around the corner of the wild I considered mine, and found lands with new features to explore, new prey to hunt, and new skills to hone. I found employment as a guide and a scout in these new lands and traveled far from home. I am now a stranger in a strange land.

Last edited by ArcticFlame7 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating)
ArcticFlame7
ArcticFlame7

Character sheet
Name: Hilde Ironhammer
Class and Level: Eldritch Knight, 5
Experience:
Aseir  (WIP) Left_bar_bleue5600/14000Aseir  (WIP) Empty_bar_bleue  (5600/14000)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum